Senior Associate, Solicitor
- Gemma is an experienced family law expert who specialises in dealing with divorce and financial matters and children issues arising on separation, divorce and civil partnership dissolution. She is a Resolution Accredited Specialist in the areas of Private Law Children and Child Abduction. Prior to joining FLP, Gemma worked for four years as a Senior Associate at a well-known City Law firm.
- Gemma also advises on Prenuptial, Pre-civil Partnership and Cohabitation Agreements. She has a particular expertise in complex children matters involving issues relating to parental responsibility and parenting arrangements, children cases involving an international element including removal from the jurisdiction, child abduction and enforcement of foreign orders and surrogacy issues.
- Gemma is known for her integrity, her tenacity and for her ability to identify important legal points and advise clients sensibly on which to pursue. She has achieved 5 reported cases since qualifying in 2008, one of which reached the Supreme Court of England and Wales in 2016.
- Gemma is a member of Resolution and in accordance with its principles, advocates a constructive, non-confrontational resolution of family disputes. She encourages, wherever possible, negotiated and agreed solutions that focus on minimising conflict and consider the needs of the whole family, in particular the best interests of children. Gemma’s focus is to provide advice which aims to achieve effective, long term solutions for her clients which empower them to move forward positively with their lives.
- Gemma completed her undergraduate degree in History at Royal Holloway University of London. Following this, she went on to obtain a Post Graduate Diploma in Law, graduating from the Legal Practice Course with distinction in 2007. Whilst studying for her legal qualifications, Gemma worked full time for a regional firm in the South East where she continued to work upon qualification. Amongst other things, she was responsible for setting up and developing their Child Abduction practice.Gemma joined FLP in 2018, having been attracted by the firm’s values and ethos, in particular, their progressive, pioneering and innovative approach to family law.
- Outside of work, Gemma enjoys spending time with friends and family. She loves to travel and experience new cultures. In 2017 she took a sabbatical year out to travel the world, during which she completed various voluntary teaching assignments. In her spare time, Gemma also enjoys cooking, yoga and hiking.
- Re S & O Temporary Removal from the Jurisdiction  Fam Law 114)
- ET v TZ  EWHC 2621 (Fam)
- HB v PB  EWHC 1956 (Fam)
- MD v AA & Another  EWHC 2756 (Fam); Re D (A Child) (International Recognition)  EWCA Civ 12; Re D (A Child)  UKSC 34
- Re AB (Surrogacy: Consent)  EWHC 2643 (Fam)