These recommended reads have been selected by our team of specialist family lawyers as they deal with issues including divorce, separation, bereavement and children matters in clear, practical terms.
Loss & Bereavement
- Necessary Losses by Judith Viorst – about losing, leaving and letting go which are part of life for everyone.
- Bereavement: Studies of Grief in Adult Life – Colin Murray Parkes – classic work on bereavement and loss
- Coping with Bereavement – Coming to Terms with a Sense of Loss – Sandra Horn – about the grief not only of death but also of other losses and major life events.
Family Relationship and Divorce
- Families and How to Survive Them – R Skynner and John Cleese
- Couples in Crisis – C Belshaw and M Strutt
- Rebuilding When Your Relationship Ends – Dr Bruce Fisher
- The Good Divorce – Constance Ahrons
- The Unexpected Legacy of Divorce – Lewis, S Blakesless
- I Want a Divorce? – Simone Katzenberg
Children and Parents
- Caught in the Middle – Anne Charlish
- Divorce Help book for Kids – Cynthia MacGregor
- Helping Children Cope with Divorce – Rosemary Wells