Our team of divorce solicitors are highly experienced and will work with you to make an informed decision as to whether a divorce or formal separation is appropriate for you and if so, when it would be in your interests to start the process.
We understand that divorce and separation can be stressful and upsetting and we will guide and support you through each stage.
In this short video, family solicitor and collaborative lawyer Alan Larkin sets out some of the options:
Our approach to the divorce process
- We aim to adopt a non-adversarial approach to resolving matters and encourage the use of Mediation and the Collaborative law model.
- We will provide clear advice and information specific to your circumstances.
- We always focus on achieving practical, and cost-effective solutions.
- We will signpost you to a network of third party support to assist you through the process.
- We follow the Resolution Code of Practice and Family Law Protocol.
In the unhappy event of you considering a divorce or separation our team of divorce solicitors will address the following:
- How to minimise the emotional and financial cost;
- Alternatives to a divorce; there may be other suitable options;
- The options for resolving issues, for example through methods including mediation, the collaborative law model or arbitration;
- Financial issues arising from your separation and possible divorce;
- Issues involving your children, for example, where they live and the time they spend with each of you;
- Wills and claims against your respective estates.
Please remember divorce does not have to be a contentious process. Our team of divorce solicitors will look at how to manage this difficult and emotive process in a sensitive and amicable way. This may be a good time to give careful consideration to what options are available to resolve matters, for example mediation and/or collaborative law.
For further information, download our factsheet which outlines the procedure for divorce.