- Our team of family solicitors are experienced in financial issues and will look at all the issues that may impact on your case and their importance to you and advise how to address these in the most appropriate, sensitive and cost effective way.
- We aim to adopt a non-adversarial approach to resolving matters and encourage use of Mediation and the Collaborative Law model.
- We are issue focussed and will look to achieve practical and cost-effective solutions.
- We will consider the options, provide you with guidance and advice and signpost you to relevant third parties, including financial advisors to assist you through the process.
- We follow the Resolution Code of Practice and Family Law Protocol.
When might family financial issues arise?
- When parties separate having been living together as a couple outside a marriage or Civil Partnership;
- On Divorce;
- On a Judicial Separation;
- On the dissolution of a Civil Partnership;
- Where claims need to be made against a parent by or on behalf of a child;
- In the event of a partner or spouse’s death and where no reasonable financial provision has been made.
What remedies or options are available?
This will depend on your status and the particular process you are looking to pursue. Early advice is recommended to ensure your position is protected. Whichever process is considered, you will be required to disclose your financial position. Our family finance experts recommend that you start getting your paperwork in date order so it can be reviewed in a cost effective manner prior to detailed advice being given.
We may refer you to an independent financial advisor for an initial consultation to understand your personal circumstances. They will offer independent, expert advice on a range of financial planning issues including pension advice, tax planning, retirement planning and investment management.