Disputes over estates or Wills have grown in recent years. Our team of solicitors will advise on:
- Claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975;
- Claims that a Will is invalid due to lack of mental capacity, undue influence and/or lack of knowledge and approval; revocation and/or fraud or forgery; execution irregularities and/or lack of intention;
- Rectification of a Will in circumstances, for example, where the person preparing it has failed to carry out the testator’s instructions;
- Actions seeking directions of the court including the appointment of a judicial trustee;
- Contested Beddoe applications;
- Claims where there are allegations that the Grant of Probate has been improperly obtained.
- We will consider the options and help you make an informed decision as to whether an inheritance claim is appropriate for you or for your your child and if so, when it would be in your interests to start the process.
- We aim to adopt a non-adversarial approach to resolving matters and encourage use of Mediation or the Collaborative Law model.
- We are issue focussed and will look to achieve practical and cost-effective solutions.
- We will signpost you to a network of third party support to assist you through the process.
- We will work to the Association of Contentious Trusts and Probate Specialists (ACTAPS) code of conduct.