Civil Partnership Dissolution
Our team of lawyers are highly experienced and will work with you to make an informed decision as to whether dissolution is appropriate for you and if so, when it would be in your interests to start the process. We understand that separation can be stressful and upsetting and we will guide and support you through each stage of the process.
Our approach to the dissolution process
- We aim to adopt a non-adversarial approach to resolving matters and encourage the use of Mediation and the Collaborative law model.
- We will provide advice and information specific to your circumstances.
- We always focus on achieving practical and cost effective solutions. We will signpost you to a network of third party support to assist you and your family through the process.
- We follow the Resolution Code of Practice and Family Law Protocol.
In the unhappy event of you considering a dissolution of your civil partnership or same sex marriage we will address the following:
- How to minimise the emotional and financial cost to you and your family.
- Alternatives to a Dissolution; there may be other suitable option.
- The options for resolving the issues e.g. Mediation and/or the Collaborative law model and/or Arbitration.
- The financial issues arising from your separation and the possible Dissolution proceedings.
- Issues involving your children, for example, where they live and the time they spend with each of you.
- Wills and claims against your respective estates.
Dissolution of a Civil Partnership does not have to be a contentious process. Our team will look at how to manage this difficult and emotive time for you and your family.